Velocity is hiring a receptionist for the Velocity Garage
Want to work in a thriving tech environment in downtown Kitchener? We are looking for someone to join our team to help build community and be the first point of contact at the Velocity Garage for companies and visitors.
The Velocity Garage incubator is a home base to 80+ early-stage startups building technology-based businesses in the heart of Waterloo Region. The receptionist will get to know company founders and their staff, welcome visitors, receive and distribute mail, and answer phone calls and general emails. Every day is different at Velocity, and the receptionist will perform a variety of tasks that support the operations of its programs.
Provide excellent customer service support
- Provide excellent customer service support at the Velocity Garage reception area in a professional manner.
- Provides information and shares knowledge on a wide variety of topics both specific and general.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries made to the Velocity email account.
- Escalate inquiries as necessary to the appropriate subject matter expert.
- Assist with the coordination of meeting requests and meeting rooms.
- Receive and distribute mail to Velocity Garage companies.
General Office Administration
- Provide administrative support for Velocity team including booking meetings, meeting rooms and general support.
- Assist with the intake and exit processes for Velocity Garage companies.
- Provide support for maintaining the Velocity databases to ensure that company and employee information is always up to date.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant to order office supplies.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the reception area and Velocity Garage kitchens.
- Coordinate with the coffee supplier for weekly delivery of supplies.
- Attend Velocity events as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Enrolled or completion of a college program or a combination of education and experience
Up to two years of business experience in an administrative role.
Excellent customer service and communication skills (written/oral). Strong organizational skills with the ability to be resourceful and self-motivated as well as manage multiple tasks and deadlines. Attention to detail. Professionalism – able to maintain the confidentiality of company information. Proficient in Word and Excel with knowledge of Salesforce an asset. More information.
Are you a great fit for this role? Please email Sarah Lima with a resume and letter of interest.