Velocity is hiring Student Entrepreneurship Coaches
Want to help guide students and inspire them to be the next Elon Musk, Arianna Huffington or Mark Zuckerberg? If you are an enthusiastic and engaging upper-year student with experience in entrepreneurship and are interested in sharing your knowledge with fellow students, this could be the perfect position for you!
Velocity is looking to hire Student Entrepreneurship Coaches for 4-month and/or 8-month duration. The ideal candidate will be an experienced entrepreneur with excellent communication skills. They are a true leader, with the sincere desire to enrich the entrepreneurial skills of those around them and inspire people to become the best version of themselves. Candidates must be current University of Waterloo students in good academic standing. As a Coach, you will get to live in residence on campus and receive a meal plan, all covered by Velocity.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Live full-time in residence on campus for the duration of your hired term(s)
- Create a minimum of 2 original events per term for students interested in entrepreneurship (ie. workshops, educational sessions)
- Deliver at least 2 of the Velocity in Residence events as planned by Velocity team
- Hold at least 4 coaching hours per week
- Develop 1-on-1 relationships with students living in residence and their dons
- Act as a role model and inspire residence students to find their entrepreneurship niche (first-years, upper years and other student leaders)
- Facilitate informal mentorship opportunities
- Act as a connection between first-year students and the entrepreneurship ecosystem on campus
- Work within a small team of fellow Student Entrepreneur Coaches and the Velocity Campus Programs Lead
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the program on campus
In addition to having your residence and meal plan costs covered, you will also gain access to Velocity Start to use as a workspace for personal business, and networking opportunities across campus and with other entrepreneurs in the KW startup ecosystem.
If this sounds like a role you would excel in, we would love to hear about your personality and experience! All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume using the online application form. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information and to apply to be a Student Entrepreneurship Coach, visit this page.