Velocity knows the importance of building thoughtful, deep relationships with investors. We focus on making introductions that will be beneficial both to startups and investors, so that the best fit is made.
Our sole goal is to create amazing companies. It’s important to note that we take no equity, no intellectual property rights and no cash in exchange for everything we do.
Velocity is the most comprehensive entrepreneurship university program in Canada. With a dorm (Velocity Residence), science lab for current students (Velocity Science), weekly workshops on startup basics (Velocity Start), and 37,000 sq ft of incubation space for software, hardware, life science and social entrepreneurship startups (Velocity Garage), we have created a powerful startup ecosystem.
On top of that, we provide $400K in grant funding each year to students and companies to help them get started.
Just the facts:
- More than 100 companies operating out of Velocity workspaces
- More than 175 companies started in the Velocity ecosystem
- $530 million invested in Velocity companies to date
- 1,200 jobs created by Velocity companies to date
- Velocity companies have participated in Y Combinator, HAX and Techstars accelerator programs.