Looking for someone who specializes in business development, coding, design or marketing to join your startup?
You’ve found the right place.
Submit your information here so we can help you find what you’re looking for!
Please note that submissions will taken down after a month, but feel free to resubmit if the job is still available.
Startups Looking For Talent
Wriber is changing the way people write. The Wriber platform helps bloggers write posts 30-50% faster by providing thought-provoking suggestions as a blogger types. Check us out at Wriber.com
We’re looking for someone who has a strong desire to solve tough problems involving both Natural Language Processing and Data Mining. You will be building and refining our core algorithms that produce our suggestions. We’re not just looking for someone to code, but to take the lead on our development. It’s an empowering position with lots of responsibility.
- Manage newsletter production and distribution
- Manage client database and communication
- Design and execute strategic marketing campaigns
- Assist with production of collateral
- Manage website updates and content
- Assist in building a global brand and community following
- Write content for videos and interviews
- Experience developing web apps, MVC framework
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
$500 per week, Full-time.
We’re a startup based out of the Communitech Hub in Waterloo. You get full 24/7 access to one of the coolest tech environments working literally right across from Google and BlackBerry! It’s very exciting times for us as we have recently raised a bit of money and are looking to release in the near future. John (Founder) is also the Enterprise Co-op Coordinator at the University of Waterloo and can help you with your own startup!
Company Contact: John Zupancic
Looking for: Developer
Job posted May 17 2013.
Thalmic Labs is a hardware start-up company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction. We’re looking for reliable and adaptable people who can function in a fast-paced and quickly changing work environment.
We’re looking for an experienced, self-motivated Web Developer who can lead the development of cutting-edge sites and services currently in the early stages at Thalmic Labs. You will be fully involved in the creation, testing and deployment of our various sites and services. We’re seeking individuals who have extensive experience with all aspects of making scalable web applications and a variety of technologies.
• Create, maintain, and test webpages that will serve as the consumer, developer, and employee web portals of Thalmic Labs
• Work closely with our Creative Director and front-end designers to produce fluid interfaces for your apps
• Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather requirements, make changes, and execute
• 4+ years work experience in web development with at least 2 years of experience with python
• Great team player, excellent attention to detail, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure the best product gets delivered
• Experience with Django, SQL, Git, and Unix
• Some experience with server administration and ops
• Flexible and adaptable to change, with proven ability to take direction
Nice to have:
• Open source software contributions
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
The successful candidate must be an amazing contributor and team player who is a stickler for quality and loves what they do. We work hard, but love to have a good time while doing it. If all of this sounds interesting to you, we welcome you to apply!
How to Apply
Please email your application and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Web Developer” in the subject line.
Company Contact: Victoria Baskerville
Looking for: Developer
Commitment: Full Time
Job posted May 14 2013.